- The product safety constitutes the most important consumer right.
- The Producers of consumer products are obliged to provide appropriate information in Greek for any risks that could possible appear during the use / storage of the product.
- Producer is also consider:
- The representative of the manufacturer, if he is not established in the EU
- The importer of the product, if the representative of the manufacturer is not established in the EU
- Other professionals in the production chain, insofar as their activities may affect the safety of the product.
- The CE marking means that the product bearing it complies with the safety requirements set by the European Union and which is common to all Member States
- In case of injury or financial loss of use, possession of a defective product, we have a right to court to ask for compensation against the manufacturer / importer or retailer ( the latter under certain conditions ) .
- All new products put on the market must be safe. The same goes for used, except antiques and other items for which are given clear information on how to either repair them or to redecorate .
1. What watch after you buy a product?
We are careful when using a product, especially for the first time. Carefully read the instructions and information on the labels, check the expiration date and the recommended age for use, whether it is child’s play, etc.
2. What do we do when we suspect that the product is defective or unsafe?
Discontinue use of the products for which we suspected to be unsafe. Moreover Proceed immediately terminate the Cyprus Consumers Association or the Competition and Consumer Protection Service of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.
3. What do we do when harmed by a defective product?
If you have been damaged by a defective product, fair compensation for personal and property damage caused by the product even if the manufacturer is not responsible for the defect. To receive compensation, you must prove:
I. the loss we have suffered,
II. The defect of the product as is, and
III. The connection between the defect and the damage we suffered.
4. What products are covered by legislation?
The general obligation on product safety and the requirement of a high level of protection of health and safety of consumers are only valid for products circulating in the EU Products purchased in other countries might not meet the same requirements.
5. How can we protect ourselves?
Choose safe products means that the products you buy do not have any feature or defect that could cause an accident, damage to health or to cause economic harm to the person who uses, possesses them or any other person.
Furthermore, when we choose products from EU countries, so as to make sure that they meet the relevant safety standards.
We do not buy products from wandering why if the problem cannot be there the next day to reach out around them to solve the problem
6. What is CE MARKING?
Choose products that bear the CE, which symbolizes that the product complies with the general requirements and provisions of security and control of EU.