- The communication of billing information and billing organizations providing electronic communications services is mandatory.
- The pricing information and billing should be accurate and transparent
- The retroactive increase in charges is prohibited without our prior consent
- Any agreement for the provision of electronic communications services should be at least information on the following :
(I) Agency obligations and responsibilities towards our
(Ii) our obligations
(I) Service charges
(II) Conditions for withdrawal of service
(III) during the Agreement
(IV) termination of the Agreement
(V) provision for confidentiality of communications
(VI) provision for resolving disputes.
- If printed , electronic or television advertising services priced call information must be clear regarding the billing rates (for example in the case of radio advertising should be clearly voice communication prices apply).
- The Agency must provide us with accurate information and easy with minimum cost process in this Complaint.
- The organization must provide a free phone number (free phone) or local number through which consumers can submit complaints.
- We can keep your phone number if we change our service.
- We may terminate an agreement without penalty if the Agency amends the tariffs and charges without informing us.
- We have the right to submit a complaint to the Regulator for Electronic Communications and Postal written letter and when it is not rejected as manifestly existent then must resolve the dispute or to handle your complaint within four months from the date of the (important not to throw the situations our accounts) .
- The retroactive increase in charges is prohibited without our prior consent.
- In the event that you submit a complaint by phone, initial telephone call constitutes confirmation from the Agency that the complaint has been received.
- As inhabitants of Cyprus (regardless of location) Equitable access to a set of basic services at an affordable price ( connection to the public telephone network , access to available telephone services and payphones , selective call barring and gradual repayment of connection fees , etc. ) The universal telecommunications service provider in Cyprus is CYTA.